Compensation & Recruiting in Today's A/E/C Labor Market
Program Format: Live/Instructor-Led
Program Length: Two Days
Avg. Attendee Rating: 4.8/5.0
Registration Status: No upcoming dates and locations. Click here to be notified of future dates.
12 COMPENSATION AND RECRUITING MISTAKES
After two days in this engaging program, leave with specific strategies for banishing these 12 profit-draining mistakes from your firm:
- Using standardized position descriptions to determine compensation for your technical staff
- Unknowingly designing your recruiting program in a way that completely turns off Millennials
- Using poorly-designed employee referral bonus programs that incentivize the wrong behavior
- Basing salary adjustments on Consumer Price Index data for various geographic locations
- Assuming your salaries are consistent with the market based solely on anecdotal data
- Attending college job fairs to attract graduates
- Hiring new employees at the lowest possible salary
- Failing to separate equity bonuses from performance-based bonuses for Principals
- Waiting to start looking for talent until you actually need talent
- Giving all employees bonuses regardless of their individual performance
- Inviting candidates for a personal interview before you are 90% sure you will make them an offer
- Failing to properly “sell” candidates so they accept your employment offer
COMPENSATION SUCCESS STRATEGIES
AVOID BIG BONUS BLUNDERS
SALARY ADJUSTMENT MADE EASY
CASH ISN’T ALWAYS KING
BECOME A TALENT MAGNET
RECRUIT WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK
CAN I “STEAL” TALENT FROM THE COMPETITION?
TURNING THE INTERVIEW UPSIDE DOWN
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This program is for anyone who is involved with finding, managing, and/or compensating A/E/C employees. From Principals to HR Directors and Financial Managers, all attendees leave with action-oriented insight to be at the top of their game in a hyper-competitive labor climate.
DATES & LOCATIONS OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
No upcoming dates and locations. Click here to be notified of future dates.
GET TWO INTENSIVE DAYS PLUS TOOLS TO KICKSTART IMPLEMENTATION
Your registration includes instruction, a workbook, continental breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks on both days. But, the benefits don't stop there. You also get cloud-based access to our Compensation and Recruiting in Today's A/E/C Labor Market Digital Toolbox. This includes a massive treasury of project management tools - forms, templates, and checklists. Access the Toolbox in the PSMJ Cloud to save time and rapidly implement the skills and best practices you acquire in your training. This $497-value Toolbox is yours at no cost as a participant in the Seminar.
GUARANTEED TO MOVE THE NEEDLE AT YOUR FIRM...OR YOUR MONEY BACK
The program means business—better business for both participants and their firms. We’re confident it can help you, as it has thousands of A/E/C firm leaders since 1974.
If this event and the skills and tools you acquire don’t make a positive difference in the way you manage projects—and increase your firm’s financial performance and client satisfaction—we’ll refund your fee or arrange for you to attend another PSMJ program at no cost. There’s absolutely no risk involved.
TWO WAYS TO REDUCE REGISTRATION COSTS BY $400 OR MORE
Our early-bird pricing makes it easy to save a few bucks on your registration and reserve a spot before a program fills up. Here's how it works:
- When you register 60+ days before a program date, you SAVE $400!
- When you register between 30 and 59 days before a program date, you SAVE $200!
Discounts are available for 3 or more attendees from the same firm, attending the same program in the same city. Our group discounts are applied as follows:
- A Group of 3 or More Attendees = 15% Off Each Attendee
If you have 15 or more attendees and want to learn about a cost-effective way to train your entire team with a program that is tailored to your needs and goals, check out our in-house training program options here.
THIS PROGRAM EARNS YOU EDUCATION CREDITS
This program is AIA CES-registered to provide this content. This program earns you up to 13 LU Hours, CEUs, or PDHs. Not all state and licensing boards accept these programs for learning units.
PSMJ is a registered provider with the Florida Board of Professional Engineers (provider #0007694). PSMJ is a registered provider with the Florida Board of Landscape Architects (provider #0002844 course #0007693). For more information, please contact our education team at (617) 965-0055 or email@example.com.
Day 1 - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Day 2 - 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATIONS
A block of sleeping rooms is reserved for PSMJ program attendees at each location. To secure our negotiated group rate, please make your hotel reservation (not included with your Bootcamp registration fee) before the cut-off date and be sure to mention that you are attending PSMJ's Compensation and Recruiting in Today's A/E/C Labor Market. Complete hotel information, including room rates and cut-off dates, can be found here.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?