An intensive program guaranteed to help A/E/C Project Managers improve project delivery, financial performance, and client satisfaction
Program Format: Live/Instructor-Led
Program Length: Two Days
Avg. Attendee Rating: 4.8/5.0
Registration Status: Open
Are you ready to unleash the full profit-making potential of your Project Managers?
Architecture, engineering, and construction firms have plenty of ways to spend money, but only one way to make it...through projects. Your Project Managers are the gatekeepers to the firm's profits and long-term health. A wise investment in project management is absolutely a wise investment in improved profits, improved client satisfaction, and improved value.
Unlike a generic project management training seminar, this program is focused on real-world A/E/C project management and it is delivered by proven A/E/C project management experts. This is why thousands of current and aspiring Project Managers come through this training program every year...more than all other A/E/C project management training programs combined!
Project Managers are Key to Every Job's Success. How Do They Protect the Firm's Financial Interest AND Achieve the Client's Business Objectives?
Here are five ways that this Bootcamp provides real-world strategies that are guaranteed to take your firm to new levels of revenue, profit, and client satisfaction:
Only PSMJ's A/E/C Project Management Bootcamp:
1. Turns each Project Manager into a profit center: The best PMs understand not only how to schedule and budget, but also how to wisely manage the business—ensuring each job’s profitability. This Bootcamp gives you inside techniques of A/E/C firm business management as applied to each job.
2. Empowers Project Managers to ensure customer satisfaction: This training shows PMs how to regularly monitor clients’ happiness quotient, nurture good business relationships and report back to management at the first sign of something amiss.
3. Teaches Project Managers to enforce on-time, under-budget performance: The A/E/C Project Management Bootcamp teaches PMs budgeting and scheduling discipline for the real world . . . plus how to hold all team members—including the client—responsible for staying on course.
4. Transforms Project Managers into new business generators: Few members of your team are better positioned to sell new business, especially upselling and cross-selling, than PMs. This training teaches you how to see—and seize—new business opportunities.
5. Helps Project Managers become business leaders: Today’s PMs have the potential to become your firm’s future leaders. This Bootcamp shows you how to visualize the big picture, then internalize and represent the firm’s business goals to the outside world.
Discover the Secrets of Smart Project Management - That Deliver Higher Profits and Delight Your Clients.
This Bootcamp takes an intuitive and logical approach to cover the real difference-makers between good and great A/E/C Project Managers, such as:
- How to Ensure Projects Come in On Time and On Budget—Every Time
- The 10 Project Manager Qualities that Clients Admire Most . . . and How to: Start Practicing Them Now
- Business Development for PMs: How to Harness Your Power and Trusted Status
- Keys to Strong Project Manager Relationships to Principals-in-Charge
- 5 Reasons Projects Fail—and How to Prevent Them
- Why and How PMs Should Take Charge of Up-Selling and Cross-Selling
- Top Project Failure Excuses—and Why You Should Banish Them
- The Project Manager’s Critical Role in Nurturing Client Relationships
- How to Turn Project Managers into New Business Superstars
- How PMs Can Know If Clients Are Happy and How to Keep Them That Way
- Matching Client Objectives with Firm Objectives: How the PM Can Ensure It
- Project Manager’s Quality Control Plan: Creation and Implementation
- 10 Qualities of a Great Schedule + 10 Deadliest Scheduling Pitfalls
- Real-World Budgeting: Realism + Discipline = Exceptional Project Profit
- NEW: How to keep the pipeline full by bringing in more work from existing clients who may be considering fall-back positions.
- NEW: How to manage project team members working from home for he first time ever.
- NEW: How to communicate with clients who are themselves working from home.
- NEW: How to pause and re-start project work to minimize disruption and preserve cash flow.
- NEW: How to run virtual meetings without losing productivity.
- Plus, the opportunity to get solutions to any tough project management challenges your firm faces
Past Attendee Reviews
"Great course and great instructor. Lots of great anecdotes, real world experience, enthusiastic and a fantastic presenter."
— Kurtis Topping | Design Engineer | Read Jones Christoffersen
"The course was excellent and I feel it has provided me with a lot of tools to perform my job better. It has offered new ideas to improve processes or influence my company."
— Sean Casey| Project Engineer | FVB Energy, Inc.
"Excellent program—I learned a ton and will be changing my behavior on Monday!"
— John Sullivan | Director of Architecture | Spagnola Gisness & Associates, Inc.
"Best professional development course I have taken in my career! I will implement 'PM Change' with great enthusiasm"
— Blair Shoniker | Environmental Planner | AECOM
"This course really hit it on the button – every project manager needs to take this course!"
— Charles Prior | Project Engineer | Stearns & Wheler - GMD
Here's a look at how the agenda unfolds to cover these topics and much more:
HOW A PM CAN INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY
THE PM’s ROLE IN BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
PLANNING THE PROJECT FOR SUCCESS
REALISTIC PROJECT SCHEDULING
PROJECT FINANCIAL (AND PROFIT) PLAN
MANAGING PROJECTS FOR CLIENT DELIGHT
MANAGING RISKS TO AVOID GRIEF AND LOSSES
SECRETS OF MANAGING MULTIPLE PROJECTS
MAINTAINING CONTROL OF THE PROJECT
GETTING—AND STAYING—OUT OF TROUBLE
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Everyone from experienced A/E/C Project Managers to newly-minted ones get value out of this Bootcamp. Attendees include individuals interested in improving their project management skills as well as teams of Project Managers sent by architecture, engineering, and construction firms seeking an competitive edge in project management.
DATES & LOCATIONS OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
In response to current conditions, all in-person PSMJ programs are delivered in accordance with our five point safety pledge. Click here to learn more about this comprehensive multi-dimensional commitment to your health and safety at our events.
September 10-11, 2020 / Philadelphia, PA
September 10-11, 2020 / New Orleans, LA
September 17-18, 2020 / Nashville, TN
September 24-25, 2020 / Seattle, WA
October 1-2, 2020 / Scottsdale, AZ
October 8-9, 2020 / Washington, D.C.
October 22-23, 2020 / Las Vegas, NV (PM Bootcamp @METALCON)
October 22-23, 2020 / Chicago, IL
October 29-30, 2020 / Denver, CO
October 29-30, 2020 / Orlando, FL
November 5-6, 2020 / San Antonio, TX
November 5-6, 2020 / Minneapolis, MN
November 12-13, 2020 / Indianapolis, IN
November 12-13, 2020 / San Diego, CA
November 19-20, 2020 / Boston, MA
December 3-4, 2020 / San Francisco, CA
December 3-4, 2020 / Nashville, TN
December 10-11, 2020 / Seattle, WA
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: TWO NEW OPTIONS FOR 2020!
1. Check out our all-new LIVE Online Master Class
If you are unable to attend one of our in-person dates/cities, we've added our all new LIVE A/E/C Project Management Bootcamp Online Master Class that brings you all of the action-oriented content and interactive experience of our in-person program directly to you! Click on the video on the left to see for yourself why this is such a popular online master class.
Click here to learn more and check the latest schedule of upcoming classes.
2. We can come to you...virtually or in-person
We are thrilled to offer virtual and in-person in-house training options to help you go from idea to action faster! Our in-house training options also allow for customization to hit on the issues that matter most to your firm. Click on the video on the left to hear from one CEO on why his firm chose our virtual in-house program...and the results that came out of it.
Click here to learn more about our latest in-house training options.
GET TWO INTENSIVE DAYS PLUS TOOLS TO KICKSTART IMPLEMENTATION
Your registration includes instruction, a workbook, continental breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks on both days. But, the benefits don't stop there. You also get cloud-based access to our A/E/C Project Management Digital Toolbox. This includes a massive treasury of project management tools - forms, templates, and checklists. Access the Toolbox in the PSMJ Cloud to save time and rapidly implement the skills and best practices you acquire in your training. This $497-value Toolbox is yours at no cost as a participant in the Bootcamp.
IMPROVE BUDGET PERFORMANCE AND CLIENT SATISFACTION FIRMWIDE, AND GET PSMJ'S ENTERPRISE PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOLBOX, WHEN YOUR TRAIN YOUR TEAM!
Register 3+ attendees to save 15% instantly PLUS you get PSMJ's Enterprise Project Management Toolbox (a $2,000 value)! With this toolbox, you’ll establish a highly effective firmwide Project Management Plan tailored to the needs of your firm – whether your project teams are working in your office or from home. We’ll even provide a review of your draft plan by one of PSMJ’s experienced project management consultants.
GUARANTEED TO MOVE THE NEEDLE AT YOUR FIRM...OR YOUR MONEY BACK
This Bootcamp means business—better business for both participants and their firms. We’re confident it can help you, as it has thousands of A/E/C firm leaders since 1974.
If this event and the skills and tools you acquire don’t make a positive difference in the way you manage projects—and increase your firm’s financial performance and client satisfaction—we’ll refund your fee or arrange for you to attend another PSMJ Bootcamp at no cost. There’s absolutely no risk involved.
TWO WAYS TO REDUCE REGISTRATION COSTS BY UP TO $400 OR MORE!
Our early-bird pricing makes it easy to save a few bucks on your registration and reserve a spot before a program fills up. Here's how it works:
- When you register 60+ days before a program date, you SAVE $400!
- When you register between 30 and 59 days before a program date, you SAVE $200!
Get a 15% discounts when you register 3 or more attendees, attending the same program in the same city.
If you have 15 or more attendees and want to learn about a cost-effective way to train your entire team with a program tailored to your needs and goals, check out our in-house training program options here.
THIS BOOTCAMP EARNS YOU EDUCATION CREDITS
This Bootcamp earns you 13 credits towards certification with the A/E/C Project Management Association. This is the only industry-specific certification available for A/E/C Project Managers. Learn more by visiting www.aecpma.org.
This Bootcamp is AIA CES-registered to provide this content. This Bootcamp earns you up to 13 LU Hours, CEUs, or PDHs. Not all state and licensing boards accept these programs for learning units.
PSMJ is a registered provider with the Florida Board of Professional Engineers (provider #3546). PSMJ is a registered provider with the Florida Board of Landscape Architects (provider #2844 course #10513). For more information, please contact our education team at (617) 965-0055 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day 1 - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Day 2 - 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATIONS
A block of sleeping rooms is reserved for PSMJ Bootcamp attendees at each location. To secure our negotiated group rate, please make your hotel reservation (not included with your Bootcamp registration fee) before the cut-off date and be sure to mention that you are attending PSMJ's A/E/C Project Management Bootcamp. Complete hotel information, including room rates and cut-off dates, can be found here.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
ARE YOU A PSMJ MEMBER?
In addition to exclusive access to the best firm management content and a community of some of the most forward-thinking A/E/C minds, PSMJ members SAVE $100 on their registration for this event! Not a member yet? Learn more here.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS
All cancellations, refunds and substitutions must be made in writing, via email, to email@example.com
PSMJ’s refund and cancellation policy is as follows:
- Cancellations received at least 45 business days prior to the program will receive full refunds.
- Cancellations received between 44 and 11 business days prior to the program receive a credit letter, good for one year, towards any PSMJ program*.
- Cancellations made 10 or fewer business days prior to the program and/or no–shows are not eligible for refunds or credits.
You may substitute a program in one location for the same program in a different published location (provided it is not already sold out) 11 or more business days prior to the original program start date.
*Credit letters may be applied to any PSMJ program, with the exception of the following: in-house training, partner/association programs, or previously registered and/or paid attendees.