A/E/C Project Management Bootcamp
An intensive program guaranteed to help A/E/C Project Managers improve project delivery, financial performance, and client satisfaction
Program Format: Live/Instructor-Led
Program Length: Two Days
Avg. Attendee Rating: 4.8/5.0
Registration Status: Open
Are you ready to unleash the full profit-making potential of your Project Managers?
Architecture, engineering, and construction firms have plenty of ways to spend money, but only one way to make it...through projects. Your Project Managers are the gatekeepers to the firm's profits and long-term health. A wise investment in project management is absolutely a wise investment in improved profits, improved client satisfaction, and improved value.
Unlike a generic project management training seminar, this program is focused on real-world A/E/C project management and it is delivered by proven A/E/C project management experts. This is why thousands of current and aspiring Project Managers come through this training program every year...more than all other A/E/C project management training programs combined!
Project Managers are Key to Every Job's Success. How Do They Protect the Firm's Financial Interest AND Achieve the Client's Business Objectives?
Here are five ways that this Bootcamp provides real-world strategies that are guaranteed to take your firm to new levels of revenue, profit, and client satisfaction:
Only PSMJ's A/E/C Project Management Bootcamp:
1. Turns each Project Manager into a profit center: The best PMs understand not only how to schedule and budget, but also how to wisely manage the business—ensuring each job’s profitability. This Bootcamp gives you inside techniques of A/E/C firm business management as applied to each job.
2. Empowers Project Managers to ensure customer satisfaction: This training shows PMs how to regularly monitor clients’ happiness quotient, nurture good business relationships and report back to management at the first sign of something amiss.
3. Teaches Project Managers to enforce on-time, under-budget performance: The A/E/C Project Management Bootcamp teaches PMs budgeting and scheduling discipline for the real world . . . plus how to hold all team members—including the client—responsible for staying on course.
4. Transforms Project Managers into new business generators: Few members of your team are better positioned to sell new business, especially upselling and cross-selling, than PMs. This training teaches you how to see—and seize—new business opportunities.
5. Helps Project Managers become business leaders: Today’s PMs have the potential to become your firm’s future leaders. This Bootcamp shows you how to visualize the big picture, then internalize and represent the firm’s business goals to the outside world.
Discover the Secrets of Smart Project Management - That Deliver Higher Profits and Delight Your Clients.
This Bootcamp takes an intuitive and logical approach to cover the real difference-makers between good and great A/E/C Project Managers, such as:
- How to Ensure Projects Come in On Time and On Budget—Every Time
- The 10 Project Manager Qualities that Clients Admire Most . . . and How to: Start Practicing Them Now
- Business Development for PMs: How to Harness Your Power and Trusted Status
- Keys to Strong Project Manager Relationships to Principals-in-Charge
- 5 Reasons Projects Fail—and How to Prevent Them
- Why and How PMs Should Take Charge of Up-Selling and Cross-Selling
- Top Project Failure Excuses—and Why You Should Banish Them
- The Project Manager’s Critical Role in Nurturing Client Relationships
- How to Turn Project Managers into New Business Superstars
- How PMs Can Know If Clients Are Happy and How to Keep Them That Way
- Matching Client Objectives with Firm Objectives: How the PM Can Ensure It
- Project Manager’s Quality Control Plan: Creation and Implementation
- 10 Qualities of a Great Schedule + 10 Deadliest Scheduling Pitfalls
- Real-World Budgeting: Realism + Discipline = Exceptional Project Profit
- Plus, the opportunity to get solutions to any tough project management challenges your firm faces
Past Attendee Reviews
"Great course and great instructor. Lots of great anecdotes, real world experience, enthusiastic and a fantastic presenter."
— Kurtis Topping | Design Engineer | Read Jones Christoffersen
"The course was excellent and I feel it has provided me with a lot of tools to perform my job better. It has offered new ideas to improve processes or influence my company."
— Sean Casey| Project Engineer | FVB Energy, Inc.
"Excellent program—I learned a ton and will be changing my behavior on Monday!"
— John Sullivan | Director of Architecture | Spagnola Gisness & Associates, Inc.
"Best professional development course I have taken in my career! I will implement 'PM Change' with great enthusiasm"
— Blair Shoniker | Environmental Planner | AECOM
"This course really hit it on the button – every project manager needs to take this course!"
— Charles Prior | Project Engineer | Stearns & Wheler - GMD
Here's a look at how the agenda unfolds to cover these topics and much more:
HOW A PM CAN INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY
THE PM’s ROLE IN BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
PLANNING THE PROJECT FOR SUCCESS
REALISTIC PROJECT SCHEDULING
PROJECT FINANCIAL (AND PROFIT) PLAN
MANAGING PROJECTS FOR CLIENT DELIGHT
MANAGING RISKS TO AVOID GRIEF AND LOSSES
SECRETS OF MANAGING MULTIPLE PROJECTS
MAINTAINING CONTROL OF THE PROJECT
GETTING—AND STAYING—OUT OF TROUBLE
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Everyone from experienced A/E/C Project Managers to newly-minted ones get value out of this Bootcamp. Attendees include individuals interested in improving their project management skills as well as teams of Project Managers sent by architecture, engineering, and construction firms seeking an competitive edge in project management.
DATES & LOCATIONS OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
January 30-31, 2020 / Las Vegas, NV
February 6-7, 2020 / New Orleans, LA
February 13-14, 2020 / Atlanta, GA
February 27-28, 2020 / San Diego, CA
March 5-6, 2020 / Seattle, WA
March 12-13, 2020 / Boston, MA
March 12-13, 2020 / San Francisco, CA
March 19-20, 2020 / Nashville, TN
April 2-3, 2020 / Denver, CO
April 9-10, 2020 / Chicago, IL
April 16-17, 2020 / Las Vegas, NV
April 16-17, 2020 / Orlando, FL
April 23-24, 2020 / Portland, OR
April 30 - May 1, 2020 / Houston, TX
May 7-8, 2020 / Washington, DC
May 14-15, 2020 / Minneapolis, MN
May 14-15, 2020 / Pittsburgh, PA
May 28-29, 2020 / Baltimore, MD
June 4-5, 2020 / Denver, CO
June 4-5, 2020 / San Francisco, CA
June 11-12, 2020 / Seattle, WA
June 18-19, 2020 / Indianapolis, IN
IS THIS PROGRAM COMING TO YOUR ASSOCIATION?
We frequently offer our popular training programs in partnership with state and local association chapters. These partnership programs are a great way to bring high-value and relevant content to association members and an easy way to generate non-dues revenue for associations!
If you would like to learn more about our association partnership programs, click here.
UPCOMING ASSOCIATION PROGRAM DATES
GET TWO INTENSIVE DAYS PLUS TOOLS TO KICKSTART IMPLEMENTATION
Your registration includes instruction, a workbook, continental breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks on both days. But, the benefits don't stop there. You also get cloud-based access to our A/E/C Project Management Digital Toolbox. This includes a massive treasury of project management tools - forms, templates, and checklists. Access the Toolbox in the PSMJ Cloud to save time and rapidly implement the skills and best practices you acquire in your training. This $497-value Toolbox is yours at no cost as a participant in the Bootcamp
GUARANTEED TO MOVE THE NEEDLE AT YOUR FIRM...OR YOUR MONEY BACK
The Bootcamp means business—better business for both participants and their firms. We’re confident it can help you, as it has thousands of A/E/C firm leaders since 1974.
If this event and the skills and tools you acquire don’t make a positive difference in the way you manage projects—and increase your firm’s financial performance and client satisfaction—we’ll refund your fee or arrange for you to attend another PSMJ Bootcamp at no cost. There’s absolutely no risk involved.
TWO WAYS TO REDUCE REGISTRATION COSTS BY
Our early-bird pricing makes it easy to save a few bucks on your registration and reserve a spot before a program fills up. Here's how it works:
- When you register 60+ days before a program date, you SAVE $400!
- When you register between 30 and 59 days before a program date, you SAVE $200!
Discounts are available for 3 or more attendees from the same firm, attending the same program in the same city. Our group discounts are applied as follows:
- A Group of 3 or More Attendees = 15% Off Each Attendee
If you have 15 or more attendees and want to learn about a cost-effective way to train your entire team with a program that is tailored to your needs and goals, check out our in-house training program options here.
THIS BOOTCAMP EARNS YOU EDUCATION CREDITS
This Bootcamp earns you 13 credits towards certification with the A/E/C Project Management Association. This is the only industry-specific certification available for A/E/C Project Managers. Learn more by visiting www.aecpma.org.
This Bootcamp is AIA CES-registered to provide this content. This Bootcamp earns you up to 13 LU Hours, CEUs, or PDHs. Not all state and licensing boards accept these programs for learning units.
PSMJ is a registered provider with the Florida Board of Professional Engineers (provider #3546). PSMJ is a registered provider with the Florida Board of Landscape Architects (provider #2844 course #10513). For more information, please contact our education team at (617) 965-0055 or email@example.com.
Day 1 - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Day 2 - 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATIONS
A block of sleeping rooms is reserved for PSMJ Bootcamp attendees at each location. To secure our negotiated group rate, please make your hotel reservation (not included with your Bootcamp registration fee) before the cut-off date and be sure to mention that you are attending PSMJ's A/E/C Project Management Bootcamp. Complete hotel information, including room rates and cut-off dates, can be found here.
GUARANTEED TO MOVE THE NEEDLE AT YOUR FIRM—OR YOUR MONEY BACK
This program means business—better business for both participants and their firms. We’re confident it can help you, as it has thousands of A/E/C firm leaders since 1974. If this program, the skills, or the tools you acquire don’t make a positive difference—and increase your firm’s revenue and profitability—we’ll refund your fee or arrange for you to attend another PSMJ Program at no cost.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
ARE YOU A PSMJ MEMBER?
In addition to exclusive access to the best firm management content and a community of some of the most forward-thinking A/E/C minds, PSMJ members SAVE $100 on their registration for this event! Not a member yet? Learn more here.