A/E/C Project Management Bootcamp
An intensive program guaranteed to help A/E/C Project Managers improve project delivery, financial performance, and client satisfaction
Program Format: Live/Instructor-Led
Program Length: Two Days
Avg. Attendee Rating: 4.8/5.0
Registration Status: Open (Click Here to See Dates and Locations)
"Absolutely a necessity for turning engineers into Project Managers."
— Adrian Martin, Associate | Wallace Engineering
Are you ready to unleash the full profit-making potential of your Project Managers?
Architecture, engineering, and construction firms have plenty of ways to spend money, but only one way to make it...through projects. Your Project Managers are the gatekeepers to the firm's profits and long-term health. A wise investment in project management is absolutely a wise investment in improved profits, improved client satisfaction, and improved value.
Unlike a generic project management training seminar, this program is focused on real-world A/E/C project management and it is delivered by proven A/E/C project management experts. This is why thousands of current and aspiring Project Managers come through this training program every year...more than all other A/E/C project management training programs combined!
Project Managers are Key to Every Job's Success. How Do They Protect the Firm's Financial Interest AND Achieve the Client's Business Objectives?
Here are five ways that this Bootcamp provides real-world strategies that are guaranteed to take your firm to new levels of revenue, profit, and client satisfaction:
Only PSMJ's A/E/C Project Management Bootcamp:
1. Turns each Project Manager into a profit center: The best PMs understand not only how to schedule and budget, but also how to wisely manage the business—ensuring each job’s profitability. This Bootcamp gives you inside techniques of A/E/C firm business management as applied to each job.
2. Empowers Project Managers to ensure customer satisfaction: This training shows PMs how to regularly monitor clients’ happiness quotient, nurture good business relationships and report back to management at the first sign of something amiss.
3. Teaches Project Managers to enforce on-time, under-budget performance: The A/E/C Project Management Bootcamp teaches PMs budgeting and scheduling discipline for the real world . . . plus how to hold all team members—including the client—responsible for staying on course.
4. Transforms Project Managers into new business generators: Few members of your team are better positioned to sell new business, especially upselling and cross-selling, than PMs. This training teaches you how to see—and seize—new business opportunities.
5. Helps Project Managers become business leaders: Today’s PMs have the potential to become your firm’s future leaders. This Bootcamp shows you how to visualize the big picture, then internalize and represent the firm’s business goals to the outside world.
Discover the Secrets of Smart Project Management - That Deliver Higher Profits and Delight Your Clients
This Bootcamp takes an intuitive and logical approach to cover the real difference-makers between good and great A/E/C Project Managers, such as:
- How to Ensure Projects Come in On Time and On Budget—Every Time
- The 10 Project Manager Qualities that Clients Admire Most . . . and How to: Start Practicing Them Now
- Business Development for PMs: How to Harness Your Power and Trusted Status
- Keys to Strong Project Manager Relationships to Principals-in-Charge
- 5 Reasons Projects Fail—and How to Prevent Them
- Why and How PMs Should Take Charge of Up-Selling and Cross-Selling
- Top Project Failure Excuses—and Why You Should Banish Them
- The Project Manager’s Critical Role in Nurturing Client Relationships
- How to Turn Project Managers into New Business Superstars
- How PMs Can Know If Clients Are Happy and How to Keep Them That Way
- Matching Client Objectives with Firm Objectives: How the PM Can Ensure It
- Project Manager’s Quality Control Plan: Creation and Implementation
- 10 Qualities of a Great Schedule + 10 Deadliest Scheduling Pitfalls
- Real-World Budgeting: Realism + Discipline = Exceptional Project Profit
- Plus, the opportunity to get solutions to any tough project management challenges your firm faces
Here's a look at how the agenda unfolds to cover these topics and much more:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Everyone from experienced A/E/C Project Managers to newly-minted ones get value out of this Bootcamp. Attendees include individuals interested in improving their project management skills as well as teams of Project Managers sent by architecture, engineering, and construction firms seeking an competitive edge in project management.
DATES/LOCATIONS OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
Choose the date and city that works for you:
October 12-13, 2017 / Arlington, VA
October 19-20, 2017 / Minneapolis, MN
October 26-27, 2017 / San Francisco, CA
November 2-3, 2017 / Nashville, TN
November 2-3, 2017 / Chicago, IL
November 9-10, 2017 / Denver, CO
November 9-10, 2017 / Philadelphia, PA
November 16-17, 2017 / San Diego, CA
November 30-December 1, 2017 / Orlando, FL
December 7-8, 2017 / Portland, OR
January 11-12, 2018 / Vancouver, BC
February 1-2, 2018 / San Francisco, CA
February 8-9, 2018 / Las Vegas, NV
February 8-9, 2018 / Arlington, VA
March 1-2, 2018 / Seattle, WA
March 8-9, 2018 / Nashville, TN
March 15-16, 2018 / Boston, MA
March 15-16, 2018 / Denver, CO
March 22-23, 2018 / Chicago, IL
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS
Christopher P. Martersteck, AIA, LEED AP, DBIA has more than 38 years of experience in the A/E/C industry. He has led teams in Project, Program and Construction Management as well as Design-Build engagements for several international architecture, engineering and construction firms. As Director of Project Management and Integrated Services, he has been responsible for client relationships as well as training, development and management of project delivery processes for fully integrated and unbundled A/E services for commercial, corporate, and institutional facilities. He has trained thousands of A/E/C PMs in the best practices of project delivery.
Alan F. Bollinger, P.E. has more than 25 years of experience and is currently Vice President of CH2M–Hill. His extensive project management experience includes project identification, scope and fee development, project team selection and leading the execution of agreed upon work. Measures of success include meeting or exceeding client’s standards for quality, service, responsiveness and project–specific financial measures. He has trained more than 10,000 project managers and program managers in the principles and fundamentals of successful project delivery.
William E. Hinsley III has been involved with the A/E/C Industry for more than 14 years, serving as a senior leader for W.S. Atkins and Arcadis. Previously, he was a Senior Management Analyst for two governors’ commissions focused on Everglades Restoration in South Florida. Bill’s extensive project management experience includes planning, engineering, procurement, and management of large civil works projects ranging in capital value from $1 million to $11 Billion. Following Hurricane Katrina, Bill led his firm’s proposal, negotiation, and ramp-up efforts to provide consultant program and project management support to the USACE New Orleans District’s repairs to the Southern Louisiana Hurricane & Storm Damage Risk Reduction System.
GET TWO INTENSIVE DAYS PLUS TOOLS TO KICKSTART IMPLEMENTATION
Your registration includes instruction, a workbook, continental breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks on both days. But, the benefits don't stop there. You also get cloud-based access to our A/E/C Project Management Digital Toolbox. This includes a massive treasury of project management tools - forms, templates, and checklists. Access the Toolbox in the PSMJ Cloud to save time and rapidly implement the skills and best practices you acquire in your training. This $497-value Toolbox is yours at no cost as a participant in the Bootcamp.
GUARANTEED TO MOVE THE NEEDLE AT YOUR FIRM...OR YOUR MONEY BACK
The Bootcamp means business—better business for both participants and their firms. We’re confident it can help you, as it has thousands of A/E/C firm leaders since 1974.
If this event and the skills and tools you acquire don’t make a positive difference in the way you manage projects—and increase your firm’s financial performance and client satisfaction—we’ll refund your fee or arrange for you to attend another PSMJ Bootcamp at no cost. There’s absolutely no risk involved.
TWO WAYS TO REDUCE REGISTRATION COSTS BY $400 OR MORE
Our early-bird pricing makes it easy to save a few bucks on your registration and reserve a spot before a program fills up. Here's how it works:
- When you register 60+ days before a program date, you SAVE $400!
- When you register between 30 and 59 days before a program date, you SAVE $200!
Have three or more attendees? Group discounts of 25% apply for each additional attendee starting with the third attendee and up to as many attendees as you wish to bring!
If you have 15 or more attendees and want to learn about a cost-effective way to train your entire team with a program that is tailored to your needs and goals, check out our in-house training program options here.
THIS BOOTCAMP EARNS YOU EDUCATION CREDITS
This Bootcamp earns you 13 credits towards certification with the A/E/C Project Management Association. This is the only industry-specific certification available for A/E/C Project Managers. Learn more by visiting www.aecpma.org.
This Bootcamp is AIA CES-registered to provide this content. This Bootcamp earns you up to 13 LU Hours, CEUs, or PDHs. Not all state and licensing boards accept these programs for learning units.
PSMJ is a registered provider with the Florida Board of Professional Engineers (provider #0007694). PSMJ is a registered provider with the Florida Board of Landscape Architects (provider #0002844 course #0007693). For more information, please contact our education team at (617) 965-0055 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day 1 - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Day 2 - 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATIONS
A block of sleeping rooms is reserved for PSMJ Bootcamp attendees at each location. To secure our negotiated group rate, please make your hotel reservation (not included with your Bootcamp registration fee) before the cut-off date and be sure to mention that you are attending PSMJ's A/E/C Project Management Bootcamp. Complete hotel information, including room rates and cut-off dates, can be found here.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?