2018 A/E Financial Performance Benchmark Survey Report
Only the highest quality data can help you to make the highest quality strategic decisions.
Unless you don’t have a single competitor, you need to be benchmarking your A/E firm’s financial and operating performance. Where do you excel and where do you fall short compared to architecture or engineering firms of similar size, type, or market sector served? Do your strategic initiatives deliver the results you expect? How fast is cash being collected in the industry today? How chargeable should your staff be and are you carrying too much labor overhead?
PSMJ’s 2018 A/E Financial Performance Benchmark Survey Report puts the answers to these questions (and many more!) at your fingertips. No other product contains the detailed information that your architecture or engineering firm needs to thrive in today’s economy. In fact, we use a variety of key performance metrics from this report to select PSMJ’s prestigious Circle of Excellence, an elite group of the industry’s most successful firms!
Only the best benchmarking data is:
- Vetted. Our data is gathered through an in-depth survey that is scrubbed against a series of error traps and reviewed from multiple angles for reasonableness.
- Unbiased. Our data is provided by hundreds of independent sources. That means a higher degree of confidence that the information is current and accurate.
- Comprehensive. Our data is way more than just simple financial stats. This report digs deep with key operating metric data and ratios you can’t find anywhere else.
The value-packed 2018 A/E Financial Performance Benchmark Survey Report contains more than 100 metrics that you can benchmark against, including:
- Operating profit
- Labor utilization rate
- Target and achieved net payroll multiplier
- Direct labor costs per direct labor hour (including data by state)
- Operating overhead rate (including data by state and in FAR format)
- Bonus/Incentive payments as a percentage of direct labor
- Accounts receivable collection rate
- Average work-in-process
- Return on equity
- Line of credit as a percentage of net revenue
- Current ratio (with and without deferred tax liabilities included)
- Net revenue backlog change from previous year (including data by state)
- Staff ratios, size change, and turnover rates
- Net revenue per total staff, technical staff, and other functional areas
- Key historical trends and insight
- Cash-basis metrics
- And much more!
Go beyond the basics and get comprehensive detailed information that you can use. PSMJ’s financial performance survey data drills down to peer groups based on firm size, type, geographic location, and even client types and market sectors! Want to see how architecture or engineering firms focused on the private sector compare to those in the public sector? Find it here. Looking for data that is most relevant for your firm focused on the transportation sector versus the housing market? It is all here.
Publisher: PSMJ Resources, Inc.
Date Published: 2018
Number of Pages: 329
Format: PDF or Hardcopy
If you are interested in past years versions of this survey please contact email@example.com or call (617) 965-0055.