A/E/C Mergers & Acquisitions
Senior Executive Roundtable
Program Format: Live/Instructor-Led
Program Length: Two Days
Avg. Attendee Rating: 4.8/5.0
Registration Status: Open (Click Here to See Dates and Locations)
“Excellent roundtable. I gained more insight than anticipated, and with subjects not considered before.”
- Dean Niese, COO, Mannik & Smith Group
Whether you are on the buying side or the selling side, entering into a merger or acquisition can be a very risky bet. Even a seemingly small oversight or error in judgement can lead to a million-dollar mistake. Here just a few mistakes firm leaders have made that cost their firms dearly because they did not attend this program.
1. Paid 2x fair market value for an acquisition because the buyer was using a flawed valuation formula
2. Structured an earnout that was so complicated only a judge could figure it out (and, unfortunately, she did!)
3. Lost a key rainmaker because of poorly-timed and sloppy transaction announcements to staff
4. Missed a great acquisition because one shareholder thought "all deals are bad deals"
5. Only pursued companies that were actively for sale because "they were the easiest to close"
6. Had to dump money into the acquisition to fund operations because the buyer missed serious problems in due diligence
7. Got focused on selling for the highest price that the seller agreed to lousy terms that netted lower after-tax proceeds
Every ounce of our A/E/C Mergers & Acquisitions Roundtable is driven by proven experience and the latest strategies for structuring win-win transactions… from finding the right fit all the way through to implementing a successful integration strategy.
17 UNIQUE BENEFITS OF THIS ROUNDTABLE
1. See real examples of how actual transactions are happening right now.
2. Get critical benchmarking and trend data to isolate your M&A vulnerabilities.
3. Ask specific questions and get specific answers to your M&A challenges.
4. Learn exactly what you should (and shouldn’t) say when someone approaches you to buy your firm.
5. Get some practice with actual valuation and deal structuring exercises.
6. Pick up proven strategies for keeping the best staff after the transaction.
7. Learn 15 negotiation strategies that you can actually use.
8. Figure out the critical details that you may be neglecting in your M&A strategy.
9. Put the power of PSMJ’s 23-point Critical Issues Checklist to work on your next deal.
10. Find out exactly how to present a deal to your shareholders.
11. Learn the best ways to find quality acquisition targets.
12. Find out the one thing you want to hear most from a potential seller (it might surprise you!).
13. See exactly where the biggest blind spots are in due diligence…and avoid them.
14. Find out the secrets of finding buyers without saying that your firm is for sale.
15. Get the real deal on the right and wrong ways to structure an earnout.
16. Learn the right time to announce the transaction to your employees and clients.
17. Leave with tools, templates, checklists, and “more— that you can’t get anywhere else!”
Over two days of instruction, real-world case studies, and interactive exercises, just some of the topics that we'll cover include:
UPCOMING DATES & LOCATIONS
Our early-bird pricing makes it easy to save a few bucks on your registration and reserve a spot before a program fills up. Here's how it works:
- When you register 30 or more days before a program date, you SAVE $500!
Our interactive Roundtable format – with smaller groups and more open discussion – is designed to cover the issues that matter most to you. But, if you are looking for an experienced more tailored to you and your organization where your entire leadership team can get on the same page, check out our in-house training program options here.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
This Roundtable is AIA CES-registered to provide this content. This Roundtable earns you up to 13 LU Hours, CEUs, or PDHs. Not all state and licensing boards accept these programs for learning units. PSMJ is a registered provider with the Florida Board of Professional Engineers (provider #0007694). PSMJ is a registered provider with the Florida Board of Landscape Architects (provider #0002844 course #0007693). For more information, please contact our education team at (617) 965-0055 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day 1 - 8:30am - 5:00pm
Day 2 - 8:00am - 3:30pm
TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATIONS
A block of sleeping rooms is reserved for PSMJ Roundtable attendees at each location. To secure our negotiated group rate, please make your hotel reservation (not included with your Roundtable registration fee) before the cut-off date and be sure to mention that you are attending PSMJ's A/E/C Mergers & Acquisitions Roundtable. Complete hotel information, including room rates and cut-off dates, can be found here.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Do you have any questions about this Roundtable? Contact our education team at (617) 965-0055 or email@example.com.