A/E/C Mergers & Acquisitions Roundtable
Program Format: Live/Instructor-Led
Program Length: Two Days
Avg. Attendee Rating: 4.8/5.0
Registration Status: Open (Click Here to See Dates and Locations)
“Excellent roundtable. I gained more insight than anticipated, and with subjects not considered before.”
- Dean Niese, COO, Mannik & Smith Group
Whether you are on the buying side or the selling side, entering into a merger or acquisition can be a very risky bet. Even a seemingly small oversight or error in judgement can lead to a million-dollar mistake. Here just a few mistakes firm leaders have made that cost their firms dearly because they did not attend this program.
1. Paid 2x fair market value for an acquisition because the buyer was using a flawed valuation formula
2. Structured an earnout that was so complicated only a judge could figure it out (and, unfortunately, she did!)
3. Lost a key rainmaker because of poorly-timed and sloppy transaction announcements to staff
4. Missed a great acquisition because one shareholder thought "all deals are bad deals"
5. Only pursued companies that were actively for sale because "they were the easiest to close"
6. Had to dump money into the acquisition to fund operations because the buyer missed serious problems in due diligence
7. Got focused on selling for the highest price that the seller agreed to lousy terms that netted lower after-tax proceeds
Every ounce of our A/E/C Mergers & Acquisitions Roundtable is driven by proven experience and the latest strategies for structuring win-win transactions… from finding the right fit all the way through to implementing a successful integration strategy.
17 UNIQUE BENEFITS OF THIS ROUNDTABLE
1. See real examples of how actual transactions are happening right now.
2. Get critical benchmarking and trend data to isolate your M&A vulnerabilities.
3. Ask specific questions and get specific answers to your M&A challenges.
4. Learn exactly what you should (and shouldn’t) say when someone approaches you to buy your firm.
5. Get some practice with actual valuation and deal structuring exercises.
6. Pick up proven strategies for keeping the best staff after the transaction.
7. Learn 15 negotiation strategies that you can actually use.
8. Figure out the critical details that you may be neglecting in your M&A strategy.
9. Put the power of PSMJ’s 23-point Critical Issues Checklist to work on your next deal.
10. Find out exactly how to present a deal to your shareholders.
11. Learn the best ways to find quality acquisition targets.
12. Find out the one thing you want to hear most from a potential seller (it might surprise you!).
13. See exactly where the biggest blind spots are in due diligence…and avoid them.
14. Find out the secrets of finding buyers without saying that your firm is for sale.
15. Get the real deal on the right and wrong ways to structure an earnout.
16. Learn the right time to announce the transaction to your employees and clients.
17. Leave with tools, templates, checklists, and “more— that you can’t get anywhere else!”
Over two days of instruction, real-world case studies, and interactive exercises, just some of the topics that we'll cover include:
2017 DATES & LOCATIONS
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Do you have any questions about this Roundtable? Contact our education team at (617) 965-0055 or email@example.com.